BCA1000-MS C.O.T.S. Battery Charger
- Power sensitive electronics without interference
- Rugged & Reliable
- Ensure years of safe and trouble free operation
- Fast & Accurate Charging
- Download Data Sheet
The BCA1000 battery charger provides up to 1000 watts to charge a 12, 24, 28, or 48 Volt battery system (1 or 2 banks) from a 110 or 220VAC source. The batteries must share a common ground.
This all-new single board design incorporates state of the art switch-mode technology for unmatched efficiency and ultra-quite operation. Multiple stages of filtering reduce radiated or conducted noise to very low levels. Extra features include adjustable output voltage, audible and visual indicators for low input voltage, low output voltage, over temperature and an equalize charging cycle. Safety features include both charger and battery over-temperature shutdown, current limiting, short circuit protection with automatic recovery, input undervoltage shutdown, reverse battery hook-up protection, a dry contact alarm relay output and output overvoltage crowbar.
Optional features include a Digital Volt/Ammeter, 3-Bank Charging, a Remote Control Panel, and/or a second Battery Temperature Sensor. We are confident that you will get many years of reliable service from this AC Battery Charger.
- Ideal as Global Marine Distress Safety System (GMDSS) power supply when equipped with optional voltmeter and ammeter.
- Adjustable output voltage for charging standard or deep cycle lead-acid, VRLA or Gel cell type battery
- Temperature compensated charging
- High tolerance for shock and vibration
- Ultra-quiet low EMI operation
- Can be left permanently connected
- Can function as a power supply
- Dry contact output fail relay
- Field switchable between 110VAC and 220VAC
- User selectable 2 or 3 stage charging profile
- 3 bank load splitter available
- Audible and visual indicators for low output voltage and over-temperature
- Over-temperature shutdown
- Short circuit protection
- Output over-voltage crowbar
- Inrush current limiting with solid state bypass
- Thermostatically controlled fan
- 3 year parts and labour warranty
Most of the products manufactured by Analytic Systems can be adapted for military use (Commercial Off The Shelf).
We provide four different levels of ruggedization; most often, a product in military use will use the extra-wide temperature range components to allow operation to -55 degrees Celsius.
The printed circuit boards are also protected against condensation and are enhanced with vibration protection that meets or exceeds MIL-STD810F, Method 514-3 and Cat-1 Proc 1.
C.O.T.S. products are designed to meet EMC radiated and conducted emissions MIL-STD 461E.
All C.O.T.S. products are manufactured in accordance with IPC-A-610.
|Nominal Vac (ip)||110||220|
|Input Amps (Max)||14.6||7.3|
|Input Circuit Breaker||20A (15A-12A)||10A (8A-12V)|
|Input Frequency||45-65 Hz|
|Noise on Input||< 50 mV|
|Output Nominal (op)||12||24||28||48|
|Output Volts (DC)||13.6||27.2||28||54.4|
|Absorption Voltage (VDC)||14.4||28.8||29.6||57.6|
|Absorption to Float (15%)||9 Amps||6 Amps||6 Amps||3.0 Amps|
|Output Adjustment (VDC)||±1.0V|
|Output Fuses||40 x 2||40 x 2||40 x 2||25 x 2|
|Battery Banks||1 or 2|
|Output Crowbar||16.0 ± 0.5V||32.0 ± 1.0V||42.7 ±1.3V||63.9 ± 2.0V||Battery Size (Amp Hrs.)||240-360||160-240||120-180||80-120|
|Output Ripple & Noise||<50 mV|
(Line & Load)
|Duty Cycle||Continuous 100% for 24 hours per day|
|EMC||Designed to meet MIL461E|
|Efficiency||> 75% @ Maximum Output|
|Stages||2 or 3 (user selectable)|
|Operating Temp. Range||-55° to +50°C @ maximum output
Derate Linearly 2.5% per °C from 50°C
|Humidity||0 - 95°C Relative Humidity
(non-condensing) with optional conformal coating
|Audible Noise||NONE Ødb @ 3 ft|
|Typical Service Life||>10 years (87,600 hours)|
|Isolation||Case & Input-Output 1500VDC / Output-Case 500VDC|
|Length||14.5 in / 36.8 cm|
|Width||9.9 in / 25.1 cm|
|Height||5.5 in / 14.0 cm|
|Clearance||1 inch (2.5 cm) all around|
|Material||Marine Grade Aluminium|
|Finish||Black Anodize/Power Epoxy Coat|
|Fastenings||All 18-8 Stainless Steel|
|Weight||12.0 lb / 5.5 kg|
|Connections||Four contact output terminals|
|Vibration||Designed to meet MIL-STD810DF,
Method 514-3 and Cat-1 Proc 1
Toll Free: 1-800-668-3884